My friend, Sue, writes a sweet blog, Through the Prairie Garden Gate, where she shares insights about reading, writing, and life on the Illinois prairie. She presented me with this award the other day:
I am so completely touched and honored! 🙂
I’m supposed to share seven things about myself.
1. Hub & I are walking in our 30th year of marriage. I have no idea how this is even possible since I definitely do NOT feel old enough to have been married for 30 years.
2. We are not parents to human children but have, over the course of our marriage, been the parents to five pups, hence the name of this blog. 😉
3. I am very excited to be co-hosting an IF:Local Gathering next weekend with my friend and Life group sister, Brenda. It’s going to be an amazing weekend and I am so looking forward to it!
4. My heart’s desire is to seek and remain in God’s will. My heart is to serve the neighbors where I live.
5. Did I mention I have some very awesome on-fire-for-Jesus friends? We are a goofy bunch, and not all my friends know each other. I dare to even imagine what would happen if we all happened to be under the same roof at the same time. Mercy!
6. I am an educator. This is my 16th year in public education. Even though I’m contemplating retiring from public education when I hit the 20 year mark because I’ll still be young enough to pursue another as-yet-to-be-determined passion, I know I’ll always be a teacher. And a learner.
7. If you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you probably know more about me than I can try to share in a brief list of “About Me.” A friend texted me awhile back and said that I was probably the “most genuine person they know.” Humbling? Definitely! I appreciated the comment then and still do now because I really do strive to keep things real.
I’m also supposed to nominate 15 bloggers. Sadly, I don’t know any other bloggers besides Sue. So Sue, thank you so very much for considering me to be a Very Inspiring Blogger. I appreciate your kind thoughts and so enjoy our friendship! 🙂