On this last day of 2009, I find myself waxing philosophic. I remember starting the year thinking it’s been a long time since I’ve walked in a dark season.
I wonder why I ever thought that?
Granted, there were some amazing moments in 2009. There were also some heartbreakers: Hub losing his job, his mother’s illness which subsequently took her life, and his father’s illness (something he is still contending with).
Through it all though, we were blessed:
- Our youngest Barky Boy was diagnosed with heartworm in May and, after all his treatments, was pronounced clear in November. Yay!
- I took my principalship certification in April … and passed! It was a very hard test and I have several colleagues that did not pass it on their first try.
- After only participating in two interviews, I accepted an administrative-level job from the district I interviewed with first. How many people can say that?
- I have been able to connect and reconnect with old friends and family I have not spoken with in years through one of the many social networking sites. Who woulda thunk it possible even just a few short years ago?
- After many, many months of floundering on my racing goals, I have goals again. The simple exercise of deciding on races I want to enter has refocused me on something I really, really enjoy doing: walking. And I now have plans to try other events in 2010 like a cycling event in April and a triathlon in May. Cool, huh?
2010 looms in a few short hours.
What will it hold?
Only the good Lord knows.