Kym blog-tagged me and I am supposed to write about 6 quirky things about myself and then tag 6 other bloggers. Besides Kym, I don’t know any other bloggers. Aside from this little hitch, here go the quirks:
1. I eat everything in sequence. If I start with the veggies, I have to finish them before moving on to the protein or carbs. Then I have to eat all of that before moving on to the next item on my plate.
2. Even though I am a good writer, I will break out into a sweat whenever I have a major writing assignment. Following is a recent comment from Mum when I was stressing over my comp exam: “Lisa, you’re always so negative about your writing and you always manage to pull an ‘A’.” While she may be right, I was the one that saw red ink dripping off a paper that was edited by one of my undergrad profs. Did you know dripping red ink looks like blood? 😉
3. I can’t sleep if the kitchen is dirty.
4. I have recently developed an aversion to sleeping in hotels. It put a serious crimp in Hub’s plans for our summer getaway next year … as in I offered to compromise and do day trips instead of the week-long trip he had wanted to take. And the trip to Hawaii for Mum & Da’s 50 anniversary isn’t looking too good, either. Sorry folks, I’ll work on it.
5. I search for misspelled words in professional research journals. Whenever I find one, I mock the author and the editors.
6. I am obsessed with symmetry. It doesn’t matter what or where. If things are out of balance, it drives me nuts.